Your support for SASH Charity helps us go further for hospital patients and families at East Surrey Hospital, and across Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
We help Surrey and Sussex Healthcare (SASH) NHS Trust go above and beyond to ensure our community receives the best care possible when they visit their local hospital. Healthcare services are funded by the NHS, and we raise money to provide that little bit extra, to support great ideas which are different to what the NHS would be expected to fund, and which complement the existing high quality care for patients.
During Covid19 your support has directly helped staff by providing:
- A new staff welfare room open to all staff with massage chairs, plants, noise cancelling headphones and other facilities to allow a calming restful space for staff to step away from the intensity of their roles.
- Work to understand the psychological impact of COVID-19 on hospital staff
- A new more comfortable rest area for staff within the Three Arches Restaurant, as well as sofas and coffee machines for the Ear Nose Throat team and Emergency Department staff rooms.
- Foot massage machines for Intensive Care Unit staff, who are on their feet for 12 hour shifts in challenging conditions caring for people with Covid19.
- Sleep and wellbeing packs for staff on Intensive Care Unit and Tilgate Annex.
During the last 18 months, your donations to SASH Charity have also supported:
- Creating a new dementia friendly courtyard garden, the Camomile Courtyard at East Surrey Hospital. The garden was opened in March 2019 by Dame Judi Dench, and is a wonderful new space for patients, visitors and staff to use. It was funded entirely through charitable donations
- Improvements to the garden at the Macmillan Cancer Centre, and a thank you lunch for the volunteers who help people affected by cancer at the centre
- Helping make SASH feel an inclusive environment for patients, staff and visitors of all sexualities and backgrounds through funding the adoption of the NHS Rainbow Badge programme
- Development of new skills in ophthalmology department
- Funding the refurbisment of the multi-faith chapel at East Surrey Hospital, providing flowers to the hospital chapel for a whole year, and funding a service of remembrance for families who have lost a loved one, and for hospital staff who care for people at. the end of life
- Heat pads to enhance the comfort of patients having chemotherapy here at East Surrey Hospital
- New tablet computers to help in our chemotherapy suite.
- Artwork to help create great spaces in the for new dental hospital at East Surrey Hospital , the newly opened Aldrich-Blake unit, and art/theming throughout the brand new neonatal unit at East Surrey Hospital.
- Improved seating for an outpatient waiting area
- A team away day for the Maple perinatal mental health team, who support new and future mums across Surrey and Sussex.
- A summer fun day for children with epilepsy – funded through donations and the brilliant fundraising of nurse Kirsten McHale
- Laser training, improvements on the stroke unit, a 3d replica liver, arts and crafts for children in hospital and more!
- An exhibition of sketches related to Parkinson’s Disease by an NHS Consultant and illustrator to share insights into the disease.
- New patient entertainment equipment on Chaldon Ward at East Surrey Hospital.
- Improved, more child friendly waiting areas (with toys!) for children coming to hospital for scans/radiology appointments at East Surrey and Crawley Hospitals
- A live music programme for people in hospital who have dementia, using technology to ensure it is COVID-19 safe
- Helping to make SASH NHS Trust a national leader in patient safety
- Coaching for new leaders – helping equip people to shape outstanding health and care services here in Surrey and Sussex
- Three brand new neonatal incubators for premature or unwell newborn babies. Funded by Peter Harrison Foundation, Morrisons, and your support for our neonatal appeal Olives Appeal.
- A new family room for parents of premature babies – designed by mums and dads with experience of this.
- Artwork and theming throughout the new neonatal unit at East Surrey Hospital.
With your help, we want to do even more for patients and families right here in Surrey and Sussex.
If you’d like to find out how you or your organisation can help, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 07966 235171, or [email protected]