We are hugely grateful to staff of London Gatwick Airport who have voted for SASH Charity as the new charity partner for the airport. Together we hope to make a real difference for the people who rely on our hospitals.
As the charity for East Surrey Hospital, as well as services at Crawley, Horsham and elsewhere in Surrey and Sussex, we are Gatwick Airport’s local hospital charity, serving staff, passengers and many colleagues, family and friends who live locally, 24 hours a day.
Our hospitals provide NHS care from cradle to grave. Our charity helps us to go even further for patients and their families.
Our partnership will mean Gatwick Airport colleagues will be a key part of growing the hospital charity, creating a lasting legacy for everyone in the community so that we can do much more than this for local families, long into the future.
How Gatwick staff can help
It’s an unusual time for the airport family, with very few flights and passengers. However, there are lots of ways you can still help.
If you’re employed by Gatwick Airport Ltd, GAL Ltd will match fund whatever you raise up to £250.
- The SASH Challenge: You can join over 500 other local people in taking part in the SASH Fitness Challenge. Whether it’s doing a home workout (PE with Joe Wicks?), going for a (socially isolated) walk or run, or even tracking your steps at work, around the airport – it all counts! Details online here.
- Run Gatwick: If Run Gatwick goes ahead in October 2020, we would love to have as many Gatwick friends running for the hospitals as possible. You can register online here.
- Do your own thing: We love seeing how imaginative people are. Whatever you do, remember to stay safe, and to set up your donations page at https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/gatwicknhs
We are developing our parntership plans – including inspiring as many Gatwick colleagues as possible to support the local hospitals, and to share with you the impact which your support has had.
If you work at the airport and would like to know more about how to get involved, please drop us a line at [email protected].
About SASH Charity
SASH Charity makes our local NHS hospitals better. We fund better equipment, enhanced facilities and create great experiences for those that need East Surrey Hospital (the main NHS hospital for Gatwick), Crawley Hospital, Horsham Hospital, and a number of other services in Surrey and Sussex.
In the last few months donations have helped us provide:
- The transformation of children’s cancer care rooms.
- Pain-relieving heat pads for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Better facilities for patients with dementia, including a new dementia-friendly courtyard garden at East Surrey Hospital and specially designed crockery to help patients with dementia eat.
- State-of-the-art equipment to help our most vulnerable patients have dental care.
- A summer fun day, and Christmas party for children with epilepsy and their families, to make new contacts and create new friendships and support networks.
Our partnership will help patients of all ages across the hospitals, as well as helping raise money for our new neonatal intensive care unit. We are building a brand new unit so our smallest babies can get the very best care. Helping us go even further for local babies and families, with additional state-of-the-art neonatal cots, equipment, and facilities to make their stay more comfortable.
Some of the people in our Gatwick partnership film